Monday, October 09, 2017

More Vintage Ninepatches

From time to time I pull these out and sew a few more blocks, no real plan in mind, just spending time with the vintage prints. Recently I thought it might be a good idea to lay them out and see what's what.


There seems to be a bit too much red in my blocks, but when I revisited the post that showed the originals, I realized it's all a matter of personal opinion. And hers (his?) are just so random, yikes!


If I want to make a wall hanging large enough to fit the cafe rod next to the dining room table, I only need two more blocks. That's probably the way to go, because I'm running out of the nicer prints and wondered whether to change my guideline of only using fabrics that came from the estate sale. Often I find the quilt tells me which way to go. 😊

No comments: