Thursday, June 02, 2016

Linen Cotton Hand Towel

Darn that Mason Dixon Knitting site! If Ann or Kay writes about it, I find myself wanting to make it. So this blog post for a hand towel was no exception. Except their towels are made of Euroflax linen, which a google search revealed is discontinued. What to do?

I went to the LYS in search of a linen/cotton blend suitable for this hand towel. All they had was linen/silk, which would be great for a summery shawl or a tank top, but that wasn't what I had in mind.

I don't know if it was on the way home or the next time I was in town, but I went to the thrift store and found a blue crocheted linen/cotton cardigan - for $2.50. Yeah!


I'd never reclaimed a crocheted garment before. Man, does it go fast!


Here is the sleeve.


Skeined, and ready to be soaked.


Wound into a center pull ball.


This pattern is my adaption of MDK's Moss Grid Towel.



Linen gets softer the more it's used. This towel is so soft and absorbent, I wish I had half a dozen. Well I have enough yarn, I could do that...

1 comment:

KCJR said...

I'm getting back into knitting and crocheting and I hope to use a lot of reclaimed yarn! I love the idea of upcycling and seeing things for what they could be, instead of what they are