Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Conquering the Miter Monster

In order to get the pieced chevron border to fit evenly, I did the math to figure out how wide to make the white, unpieced border that went on before it. I stalled and dragged my feet about the mitered corners of that white border, but in the end it was no big deal.

However... the chevrons didn't turn the corners the way I wanted them to, so I ripped out the white border and made it wider. With this wider border, two corners of the pieced border came out correctly, and two didn't. At that point I wasn't going to do that white border a third time! I decided two paired corners was a design element and it was my quilt anyway.


It's amazing sometimes the gyrations I go through to get the current project to match up with what I see in my mind's eye.

No comments: