Sunday, November 29, 2015

DIY Color Catcher Sheets

Due to the drought in California, we're on restricted water use. In an effort to reduce the number of loads of laundry I do, I've been combining the darks - blues and greens with the reds and oranges and always adding two color catcher laundry sheets. Of course this means I'm going through color catchers a lot faster.


I've been using Shout color catchers for years, but at almost 6 dollars a box, I wondered if there was a better way. I thought I remembered someone at guild talking about making your own, so I Goggled it.

Sure enough, all you need to do is make a solution of water and washing soda - not baking soda - saturate some pre-cut muslin squares, dry them and then use those in your wash. You can read about it here.

1 comment:

Tired Teacher said...

How interesting. Thanks for the link.