Sunday, November 30, 2014

Frosted Rosebuds


I made a quilt for my Mom to match her bedroom decor. We talked about patterns and colors on the phone and I drafted sample layouts in Electric Quilt. It was called Framed Nine patch.


We put color swatches and fabric samples in the mail to each other. Then I ordered the fabrics online. Ordinarily being a blue-green girl, it was fun to work with a different color palette. So pretty.


I could use speed piecing methods to construct the blocks. I made the Nine patch blocks first. I often have to share the ironing board with Spunky.


Here I'm cutting the frames for the Nine patch blocks.
 




And I used the usual piecing method for the snowball blocks.




It was such a pleasure to work on, it just fell together!


The minute I spread a quilt-in-progress on the floor to measure, Spunky's right there. Cats and quilts, what can you do?


I named it Frosted Rosebuds. It's at the quilter's. I can't wait to see it. Happy 88th Birthday Mom!

No comments: