Thursday, October 31, 2013

Red Influx


Every year my guild has a Country Store Boutique as part of the quilt show. This year I spent most afternoons in August and September finishing UFO's and making items to sell in the Boutique. We figure we'll be moving out of this house someday and it's always good to 'turn over the inventory'. 

True, it's a quilt guild boutique, but items include crafting, knitting, general sewing supplies and hand made items. I offered a few of my reclaimed luxury yarns and some knit wear. I made a few hundred dollars and didn't have any booth fees. It was a win-win situation.

But I also bought stuff while I was there. Wait... that's not the point. But every year the ladies working the boutique, or shopping there, tease each other that we're just swapping our fabric and notions between us.

Red: Probably 5 yards, 3.00.






Purple: Probably 3 yards, 1.00.


Thread: 3 new spools, 1.00.
 
 
You've all heard me talk about prewashing before, so I'll let the pictures speak for themselves. It's fun to add to my stash from someone else's collection. It brings a little bit of that person into my quilting.

No comments: