Thursday, July 04, 2013

On the Threshold


I made DS1's favorite childhood quilt again, an adult nap size. It's a Radiant Nine Patch which I call On the Threshold. As a small boy he used to call his quilt "Mr. Blanket", so when he saw this, he laughed and said, "Mr. Blanket 2.0!" I thought it was cute; spoken like a true programmer.


Center: converging quilt lines
You can see the quilting better on the back
Back and hanging sleeve. This time I used self fabric, almost invisible.
I talked to *several* professional long-arm quilters about having this done. I'd explain what I wanted on the phone, send them photos in an email and one after another said no thank you. One said, "It's a beautiful quilt and a great concept; but I don't want to work that hard." *shrug*

Some times you just gotta get in there and do it yourself. So I did, and it brought my dream to life.


 

"I will walk out of the darkness
And I'll walk into the light
And I'll sing the song of ages
And the dawn will end the night."

~ Van Morrison: I'm a Dweller on the Threshold
  

1 comment:

Lindah said...

What a neat quilting design! I can understand how it would be more easily done on a DM than a longarm. --Note I said more easily, not easy. :-) It is a beautiful quilt. As is the Ocean Waves. Looks like your creative juices are flowing well!