Monday, September 06, 2010

String X Blocks

I saw this on Flicker, I can't remember where now, and just had to try it. The method is loosely based on Bonnie's String X blocks, but I'm making mine 12" finished, instead of 18".


Bright 1-1/2" strips


String piece strips to telephone book paper cut to size


Before I've trimmed





After I've trimmed


I added strips of white to each side and trimmed the ends at a 45 degree angle




Then I added solid black triangles to each side and squared up.


Two and a half blocks

The colors and prints are so fun, many of them from my friend Kathy's scrap bag. I guess I could say I'm learning to work with brights. The prints I bought in Tahoe will go perfectly with this. Woo-hoo, an old quilter can learn new tricks!

1 comment:

Fabricfaire said...

Kinda reminds me of licorice and jelly beans!