Friday, June 26, 2009

Bridal Shower

As the wedding grew closer I hustled to complete the quilt I wanted to give Danielle. I'm making a Wedding quilt for my son and soon-to-be wife, but I wanted her to have her 'very own'. I got it back from the long-arm quilter a week before the shower. I don't hand-bind very fast, so I was at it evenings and lunch hours. Having a deadline is great for getting quilts done!

We played bridal shower games and laughed; we ate finger sandwiches and cake. There was a mountain of gifts.


The guests were delighted with the cloth bag this particular gift came in. Wow... that's really pretty, did you make that? Yes, but wait for what's inside.

When she opened the box she saw the back first and being fond of 'pinky-purple' she said, "Oh I love it!"

Then she turned it around.

"Oh you... you've made me cry!" "Well you're going to be a Roberts soon. You'll need your own quilt." :D

It was a great day!

4 comments:

Fabricfaire said...

You are gonna be a great "MIL"!!!
Only you could come up w/another "scrappy beauty"!

Julie in the Barn said...

Great quilt! Lucky daughter in law. And I like your label. How do you print yours?

Needle, Thimble and Thread said...

love the backing...pretty on both the front and back.

Anonymous said...

Very lovely Leslie! DR