Friday, May 29, 2009

Hand Spun

My friend Leslie and I had a great visit at her house a few weeks ago. I like to sew, quilt and stitch and she likes to spin, dye and crochet. We both like to read. A visit to her home is always a treat since we never run out of things to talk about. She says it's 'the name thing', we have a connection. :D

I had an idea and told her I wanted to experiment with felting wool; next thing I knewn she pulled out skeins of hand spun wool from her stash and said, "Here, take these." (!)

Natural color

Needless to say I was blown away.


Dyed with madder

"Are you sure?!" "Yes. I like to spin it, but I never do anything with it after that."


So once this potholder is big enough I'm going to felt it. We'll see.

1 comment:

Fabricfaire said...

I can't wait to see the results of this endevor!