Monday, July 14, 2008

Janome Tips

I've been surfing the Janome 6500/6600 user's group at the suggestion of a friend. Man! The stuff I've been learning. I didn't know my machine could start sewing all on its own when my back is turned! This happens when there's a short in the foot control or a sensor failure in the machine. Weird!

I've been fit to be tied because my machine won't sew over patchwork that has more than four layers without either chewing the edge or 'jogging' around the intersection. Maddening! Adella my featherweight does the job like a dream, so I *knew* there had to be a solution. I drove the hour and half to my dealer and the showroom machine didn't do it. So after much talking about needle size and downward pressure on the pressure foot they told me to bring it in. "Maybe there's an adjustment we can make, we'll see..."

The price of gas being what it is, it costs $55.00 to drive to the dealer. I told DH what I needed and how I thought it might be done and away we went.

He tightened the pressure spring on the pressure foot so now my dial doesn't have to be set at 3 to still not get enough downward pressure to advance the patchwork. It sews like a dream! Don't cha just *love* DIY husbands?!

2 comments:

Fabricfaire said...

You are so lucky to have a DIY DH!
So....the $55. you saved can go for fabric...no? LOL

Connie said...

I've been slacking on checking out the Janome Groups site. Gotta get back to it and see what I've been missing. Thanks for posting and reminding me to get my handy hubby to check mine out...mine is doing something similar.