Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Sun Rise



The air quality in the valley just keeps getting worse. I woke up feeling like I hadn't slept and was so thirsty. I can't imagine what it's like for those closer to the fires.

The local news said the number of fires is up to 107 and 10 neighborhood communities are on evacuation alert. Evacuation centers have been set up at two local High Schools, with pet evacuation centers near by. The news said it was difficult to give an accurate weather forecast because the smoke was influencing temperatures and visibility. Ya THINK??

We're okay at my house but co-workers and friends are packing valuables should they receive the call. It's odd to go to work and act like nothing's going on, but there's nothing else for it.

3 comments:

SuBee said...

And we might have more lightning this weekend, according to the weather report this morning - aack!

Fabricfaire said...

This is gone on to long!!! I do feel so sorry for those whom homes are in danger. That sun photo is great. DH has been trying to get the orange to show but seems his camera turns it to yellow!

Julie in the Barn said...

Those lightning photos are amazing. The smoke from the fires must be horrible where you are. I live over in the Sierras near Yosemite and the smoke is even bad for us. I never thought about the burning poison oak and how bad that could effect people. This fire season is awful. Stay safe. I'm thinking of you.