Tuesday, March 04, 2008

FPC class

I was asked to teach a class in Fabric Postcards at my guild. There were six that day.

Rosy cutting up
It was just nice to get away from everything else and sew with some guild ladies for a few hours.

Connie in concentrated mode

We had fun and produced a few fabric postcards worthy of the name.



Rosy's Round Up

I've had an Ocean Wave quilt in my head off and on for awhile so I decided to test drive some of the colors. One or two ladies thought I was *insane* working at this scale, but it's a good way to try layouts without using a lot of fabric.

Here the pieces are placed on Steam a Seam fusible. I covered them with an applique pressing sheet to bond the fusible. They're half of a 1 and a half inch square. Which turned out to be too big for the postcard, so I cut them down even more.

But I thought the results was so cheerful. I can't wait to make the full size version!

2 comments:

Fabricfaire said...

That was such a fun day, (who is that? ;))

Connie said...

It was a very fun day. Thanks Leslie for sharing and for being soooo patient! I know who Rosy is but who is that in the other picture?