Monday, February 05, 2007

Sashed

All last week I had the pedal to the metal piecing those 48 Snail Trail blocks into rows and the rows into a top. I sewed for hours three nights out of five. I was exhausted. The top is six feet by eight before borders!

So I took a break and played with these little eight inch Sawtooth Star blocks that I adopted from the Freebees table Saturday. Round one of borders got on last night.


It was so satisfying to work in a different color scheme *and* have something near completion to show for a couple hours worth of sewing.

*phew*

4 comments:

SuBee said...

LOOKY all that RED!!!!
Hee hee -- it's fantastic!

Fiona said...

You are right, sometimes just making up something on a smaller scale gives a bit of light relief and the added bonus of completion. Nice to get the blocks for free, too.

Leslie said...

Su,
Well I've told you I have a *tub* of red. If I'm going to collect it, I should start using it! :D

Fabricfaire said...

How creative, what a find! I spent to much time in the kitchen at guild!